The first of the new Ebisu Series USB boards, this one goes retro by supporting the classic AKA Viking and Excalibur. While no longer manufactured, Vikings and Excaliburs are still in widespread use due to AKA's top-notch quality and engineering.
The Ebisu boards represent a new direction for Tadao, offering full USB functionality for firmware updates and settings modification, combined with an RGB LED to show operating status and programming menu. This places the Ebisu boards between the Musashi and Yakuza series, making them less complex but future-proofing them with USB capabilities
. A mini-B USB port is built right into the board, allowing you to plug it into a computer running Windows 7, Vista, or XP, so you can utilize the Tengu USB interface. Tengu offers the ability to do secure firmware updates from the comfort of your home or office, and modify settings. Setting profiles can be read off your board, saved to a file, loaded back into any of your board's profiles or active settings, and even traded among players.
Each Ebisu board includes a new clear data port cover, which protects the mini-B USB port while allowing the RGB LED to remain visible:
The Ebisu Series USB boards offer enhanced capabilities since they are based on the high-end Yakuza Series. A new, faster microcontroller runs at up to 48 Mhz, and provides integrated USB 2.0 support with standard off-the-shelf mini-B USB cables. The drivers are built into Windows, making installation very easy. The asynchronous interrupt-based trigger scan is monitored at up to 12 million times per second. Additional adjustibility includes finer, more accurate rate of fire, debounce, and dwell increments. 5 user customizable profiles are now standard, and can be edited through the LED menu system or with the Tengu USB interface on your computer. The rate of fire range has been expanded to 5-30 balls per second to ensure compliance with any league rule changes in the future.
Included is Tadao's industry-first anti-breech bounce software, which helps to eliminate chops when a loader is running low on paint and isn't capable of providing a steady feed rate. RF support is provided by a dedicated transmitter socket and wiring harness.
The circuit board is the most important part of any electronic paintball marker, and upgrading it can enhance all the performance characteristics. Tadao's leading edge Ebisu Series USB boards provide the user with the ultimate in adjustability and speed, plus the ease-of-use of the Tengu USB interface so you can update your board's firmware and modify settings from home or office.
Note: USB cable is included with your board. Additional cables are sold separately here. The cable in use is a mini-B to A type, and is commonly found with digital cameras, Blackberry phones, and other USB accessories, so you may already have one.
- Fully functional in the AKA Viking and Excalibur (single and dual solenoid operation supported)
- Ebisu Series LED display system shows eye status, battery life, and menu system
- Fully legal in all tournament series (10 bps compatible for 2010 PSP/Millennium season rules!)
- Microchip PIC18F2550 microcontroller runs at up to 48 Mhz and provides Full Speed USB 2.0 (12 Mbit/s)
- Tengu USB interface for Windows 7, Vista, and XP provides secure and free firmware updates, settings adjustments, and more
- Zero power drain while turned off
- Industry-first anti-breech bounce software reduces chopping when a loader is running out of paintballs
- RF socket and wiring harness included to support Magna, Pulse, and other RF transmitters
- Multiple modes of fire
- Unlimited semi-automatic
- Adjustable semi-automatic
- PSP ramping
- PSP 3-round burst
- NXL full-automatic
- Custom ramping
- 3-round burst
- Tadao trigger logic asynchronously monitors the trigger switch, using an interrupt-based scan at up to 12 million times per second for the quickest response time and fastest semi-automatic
- Tadao dynamic eye logic watches for the bolt to return every shot, cycling the marker as fast as possible
- Rate of fire adjustable from 5 to 30 bps in 0.1 bps increments, plus unlimited rate of fire
- 5 custom user profiles allow you to save settings for specific tournament series or performance tuning
- Adjustable ABS programming eliminates first-shot drop-off
- AMB (anti-mechanical bounce) and CPF (cycle percentage filter) algorithms help to prevent mechanical and switch bounce without missing real trigger pulls
- G-mode setting allows 3 different options for every firemode
- More than 1 billion unique ways to adjust settings
- Extremely easy to use LED based menu system for changing settings for nearly any variable, including debounce, dwell, loader delay, AMB, anti-bolt stick, fire mode, max rate of fire, fine rate of fire adjustment, eye mode, CPF, g-mode breakout, ramp start, ramp percentage, settings profiles, and more
- All settings are stored in non-volatile memory so they are not lost when the battery is disconnected
- Power efficient software and hardware lengthen battery life
- One-touch startup enables the marker to fire almost instantly
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects
- Free Ebisu software updates via Tengu USB interface
- USB cable included